1. Requests for accreditation should be sent as soon as possible to the Secretariat of the Human Rights Council Advisory Committee, to the attention of the Accreditation Officer (E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax if no access to email: + 41 (0)22 917 90 11), indicating AC "number of session" Accreditation (example: AC12 Accreditation) as subject reference.
2. Representatives in possession of an identification badge issued by the Security and Safety Section of the United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) or the United Nations Headquarters in New York (UNHQ), valid for the duration of the session, will have unrestricted access to the conference rooms.
3. Representatives without a UNOG or UNHQ identification badge should apply in person at Pregny Gate security entrance. Upon presentation of an identity document and a copy of the request for accreditation, a photo-badge valid for the duration of the session of the Committee will be issued.
Palais des Nations – Pregny Gate security entrance
8-14 Avenue de la Paix
CH-1211 Geneva 10
Open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tip: Kindly print, complete and bring with you the below form to facilitate the issuance of your badge:
Click here for the Accessibility guide to the Human rights Council for person with disabilities
For Access to the Palais des Nations: http://www.unog.ch
Access to the public gallery
A limited number of seats in the Public Gallery, above the Conference Room XX, are available for persons wishing to observe the proceedings of the Human Rights Council Advisory Committee without being accredited as participants (i.e. students, and academics). Access to the public gallery will be granted to individuals or groups depending on the availability of seating and other circumstances.
Requests should be sent by email in advance with the following information:
Individuals or groups who wish to attend are required to email to email@example.com 24 hours in advance with the following information:
- Date(s) of the visit;
- Purpose of the visit; and
- Full name(s) of those wishing to attend (if group of more than 5 please submit full names in an excel file attached to the email request).
For NGO participation in the Human Rights Council Advisory Committee, please see: http://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/HRC/AdvisoryCommittee/Pages/NGOParticipation.aspx
To organise a parallel event:
The organizer of the parallel event is requested to provide the Secretariat with a complete list of its guests in Excel format, with the family name in one column and the first name in a second column at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. This should be accompanied by the official, signed letter requesting accreditation.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: +41 22 917 90 11
HRCAC [insert no. of the session] accreditation request [name of PM, IGO, NHRI or NGO]
For more information concerning the room reservation for parallel events, please see: http://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/HRC/AdvisoryCommittee/Pages/ReservationEvents.aspx