Accreditation and attending the Human Rights Council Session, Palais des Nations
The Human Rights Council will meet in Room XX (Room 20), Palais des Nations, United Nations Office at Geneva, Switzerland.
Accreditation and issuance of badges for all delegates wishing to attend the session
- Request for accreditation should be sent as soon as possible to the Secretariat of the Human Rights Council :
To the attention of Ms. Julia Begey
Fax : +41 (0)22 917 90 11
Email address: email@example.com
- Representatives in possession of an accreditation badge issued by the Security and Safety Section of the United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) or United Nations Headquarters in New York (UNHQ) will have unrestricted access to conference rooms.
However, they should announce themselves to the Secretariat through a correspondence addressed to Ms. Begey (see above).
- Representatives without a UNOG or UNHQ identification badge should apply in person at the “Pregny Gate” security entrance; upon presentation of identification and a copy of the request for accreditation, a photo-badge valid for the session will be issued;
Palais des Nations –Security entrance
Pregny gate, 8-14 Avenue de la Paix
1211 Geneva 10
Open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tip: Kindly print, complete and bring with you the below form to facilitate the issuance of your badge:
Please Note: When there are a large number of persons seeking to participate in a session, the Secretariat may limit the number of accredited participants.
For Access to the Palais des Nations: http://www.unog.ch
Access to the public gallery
A limited number of seats in the Public Gallery, above the Conference Room XX, are available for persons wishing to observe the proceedings of the Human Rights Council without being accredited as participants (i.e. students, and academics). Access to the public gallery will be granted to individuals or groups depending on the availability of seating and other circumstances.
Requests should be sent by email in advance with the following information:
Individuals or groups who wish to attend are required to email to firstname.lastname@example.org 24 hours in advance with the following information:
- Date(s) of the visit;
- Purpose of the visit; and
- Full name(s) of those wishing to attend (if group of more than 5 please submit full names in an excel file attached to the email request).
For NGO participation in the Human Rights Council, please see: http://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/HRC/Pages/NgoParticipation.aspx
To organise a parallel event:
The organiser of the parallel event is requested to provide the Secretariat with a complete list of its guests in excel format, with the first name in one column and the family name in a second column at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Ms. Julia Begey
- Prior to the session
Fax: +41 22 917 90 11
- During the session
Fax: +41 22 917 04 94
HRC [insert no. of the session] accreditation request [name of PM, IGO, NHRI or NGO]
For more information concerning the room reservation for parallel events, please see: http://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/HRC/RegularSessions/Session20/Pages/RoomReservation.aspx