First session of the open-ended intergovernmental working group on a draft United Nations declaration on the right to peace (18-21 February 2013)
The first session of the open-ended working group took place from 18 to 21 February 2013 in room XVIII, Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland.
The working group is open-ended. This means that all United Nations Member and Observer States, intergovernmental organizations, non-governmental organizations with ECOSOC consultative status, and other relevant stakeholders may attend public meetings of the working group.
Member States, United Nations specialised agencies, intergovernmental organizations, national human rights institutions and non-governmental organizations wishing to accredit to one or more of the meetings taking place during the same period indicated below, should request accreditation only once and clearly indicate by completing the registration form to which meeting(s) accreditation is being requested:
- 10th session of the Advisory Committee of the Human Rights Council (18-22 February 2013)
- 1st session of the Working Group on Right to Peace (18- 21 February 2013)
- 22nd session of the Human Rights Council (25 February - 22 March 2013)
The request of accreditation should be addressed to the attention of Ms. Julia Begey and submitted by email to: email@example.com or by fax: +41 22 917 90 11 (prior to the session) or fax: +41 22 917 04 94 (during the session).
To request additional information on matters related to this working group, please do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Report of the Human Rights Council Advisory Committee on the right of peoples to peace (A/HRC/20/31)
- A/HRC/WG.13/1/2 Report of the open-ended inter-governmental working group on a draft United Nations declaration on the right to peace
Statements made during the first session of the open-ended inter-governmental working group on a draft United Nations declaration on the right to peace
18 February 2013
19 February 2013:
20 February 2013: