First session of the open-ended intergovernmental working group on a United Nations declaration on the rights of peasants and other people working in rural areas
Pursuant to paragraph 1 of Human Rights Council resolution 21/19 [E F S A C R], the first session of the working group will be held from15 to 19 July 2013, in Room XX of the Palais des Nations (Geneva).
- Provisional Agenda A/HRC/WG.15/1/1
E F S A C R
- Programme of work (English only)
- Draft list of Panellists
- Human Rights Council resolution A/HRC/RES/21/19 - E F S A C R
- Draft Declaration on the rights of peasants and other people working in rural areas (A/HRC/WG.15/1/2) - E S F A C R
- Final study of the Human Rights Council Advisory Committee on the advancement of the rights of peasants and other people working in rural areas (A/HRC/19/75) - E F S A C R
- Preliminary study of the Human Rights Council Advisory Committee on the advancement of the rights of peasants and other people working in rural areas (A/HRC/16/63) - E F S A C R
Statements and Presentations
PANEL I : The importance of peasants, including their positive contribution to food security, the fight against climate change and the conservation of biodiversity
- Mr. Jan Douwe van der Ploeg (video presentation)
- Mr. Marcel Mazoyer
- Mr. José Esquinas
- Ms. Eva Torremocha Bouchet
- Mr. Devinder Sharma
PANEL II: The situation of human rights in rural areas, in particular in terms of discrimination, poverty and hunger
PANEL III: The need for a UN Declaration on the rights of peasants and other people working in rural areas
The working group is open-ended. This means that all UN Member and Observer States, intergovernmental organizations and non-governmental organizations with ECOSOC consultative status may attend public meetings of the working group.
States, organizations and NGOs wishing to accredit representatives to the first session of the working group are invited to complete the registration form and send it together with their signed request for accreditation either by e-mail (email@example.com), by fax on +41 22 928 90 10 or by mail to UNOG-OHCHR, CH-1211 Geneva 10.
Registration prior to the session will ensure that a badge will be available on 15 July 2013 at the Security Identification Section located at main entrance to the Palais des Nations, Gate Pregny (opposite the building of the International Committee of the Red Cross - ICRC), Avenue de la Paix, 1211, Geneva. The accreditation office is open from 8:00 to 17:00.