OPTIONAL PROTOCOL TO THE CONVENTION AGAINST TORTURE (OPCAT)
SUBCOMMITTEE ON PREVENTION OF TORTURE
2015 Call for Applications to the Special Fund of the Optional Protocol to the UN Convention against Torture
The 2015 call for applications is closed. The deadline was 17 October 2014. No applications are further received.
The OPCAT Special Fund will accept project applications aimed at implementing recommendations made by the Sub-Committee on prevention of Torture (SPT) after a visit to a State party, provided these recommendations are contained in a report that has been made public in accordance with article 16(2) of OPCAT.
The Call for Applications 2015 is therefore open for projects to be implemented in the following countries:
State parties having published their reports following a regular SPT visit:
NPMs having published their reports following an SPT advisory visit:
State parties and NPMs having published their reports following an SPT advisory visit:
- Republic of Moldova
Applications may be submitted by:
- States parties having been visited by the SPT in the context of a regular visit following which the State party has agreed to the publication of the SPT visit report, and NPMs of these State parties;
- States parties or NPMs which, having been visited by the SPT in the context of an NPM Advisory Visit, have agreed to the publication of the subsequent SPT report addressed to them;
- National human rights institutions that are compliant with the Paris Principles and by non-governmental organizations if the proposed projects are implemented in cooperation with the entity responsible for implementing the recommendations made by the Subcommittee on Prevention of Torture, be it the State party or NPM.
If you are interested in learning more about the Call for Applications 2015, please consult the Guidelines for Applications to the OPCAT Special Fund in E, F and S.
If you would like to apply for the Call for Applications 2013, please download, complete and return the following documents along with any other supporting documents you wish to include:
- Application form (Word format) in E, F and S
- Budget (Excel format) in E, F and S
- Banking information form (PDF) in E
Should you have further questions, please feel free to contact the Fund Manager at email@example.com.