Annual Meetings of special rapporteurs, independent experts and chairpersons of working groups of the Special Procedures of the Commission on Human Rights and Human Rights Council have been organized since 1994. The Vienna Declaration and Programme of Action adopted by the World Conference on Human Rights underlined the importance of preserving and strengthening the system of Special Procedures and specified that the procedures and mechanisms should be enabled to harmonize and rationalize their work through periodic meetings (Part II, para. 95).
The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights was requested to organize periodic meetings of the Special Procedures by the Commission and Council (by CHR resolution 2004/76, as extended by HRC decision 2/102).
The Annual Meeting offers mandate-holders the opportunity to discuss issues of common interest, coordinate their work and meet with a range of stakeholders, including States, civil society organisations, and National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs).
In 2014, the Annual Meeting will be held from from 29 September to 3 October, in Room XXV, Palais des Nations. The provisional agenda is attached.
Consultation with civil society and NHRIs will be held on Wednesday, 1 October 2014, from 15:00 to 18:00.
- 21st annual meeting, from 29 September to 3 October 2014
- 20th annual meeting, from 24 to 28 June 2013
- 19th annual meeting, from 11 to 15 June 2012
- 18th annual meeting, from 27 June to 1 July 2011
- 17th annual meeting, from 28 June to 2 July 2010
- 16th annual meeting, from 29 June to 3 July 2009
- 15th annual meeting, from 23 to 27 June 2008
- 14th annual meeting, from 18 to 22 June 2007
- 13th annual meeting, from 19 to 23 June 2006
- 12th annual meeting, from 21- 25 of June 2005
- 11th annual meeting, from 21- 25 of June 2004
- 10th annual meeting, from 23 - 27 June 2003