Eleventh session of the intergovernmental Working Group on the Right to Development 26 – 30 April 2010, Room XII, Palais des Nations, Geneva
The eleventh session of the Working Group on the Right to Development took place from 26 to 30 April 2010 in Palais des Nations, Geneva. On the basis of the presentation of the reports of the high-level task force on the implementation of the right to development (see below the reports), the Working Group made the following recommendations submitted for endorsement by the Human Rights Council at its fifteenth session in September 2010:
1) The Working Group invited Member States and other stakeholders to share their views on the work of the task force (A/HRC/15/WG.2/TF/2, Add.1 and Add.2) and on the way forward.
2) In order to facilitate the consideration of the report of the high level task force, it would be translated into all official languages of the United Nations. Furthermore, all written contributions by Member States and other stakeholders would be made available on the website of OHCHR.
3) The Working Group requested the Chairperson-Rapporteur, assisted by OHCHR, to prepare two compilations of the submissions received from Governments, group of Governments and regional groups, as well as the inputs received from other stakeholders.
After the endorsement of the above recommendations by the Human Rights Council in September 2010, the OHCHR will assist the Chairperson-Rapporteur in collecting the submissions and inputs for compilation.
The relevant documentation:
- Report of the Working Group on the Right to Development on its eleventh session (E F S A C R)
Reports of the high-level task force on the implementation of the right to development:
- The report on its sixth session, 14 - 22 January 2010 (E F S A C R) and Corr.1 (E F S A C R)
- Consolidation of findings (E F S A C R ) and Corr.1 (E F S A C R)
- The right to development criteria and operational sub-criteria (E F S A C R)