International Human Rights Treaties and their Protocols
- The Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (art. 14 (2)).
- International Labour Organization (ILO) Convention No. 161 concerning Occupational Health Services (art. 5).
- The Convention on the Rights of the Child (arts. 24 and 27 (3)).
- The Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (art. 28).
- The African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child.
- The Protocol to the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights on the Rights of Women in Africa.
- The Additional Protocol to the American Convention on Human Rights in the Area of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (art. 11.1).
- The Arab Charter on Human Rights (art. 39).
International declarations, norms and other standards
- General Comment No. 15 (2002), the right to water. Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.
- Human Rights Council Decision 2/104 - Human Rights and Access to Water - in English, French and Spanish
Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
International Human Rights Treaties, Regional Treaties Declarations and other standards
Special Rapporteur on the right to water and sanitation
Other Special Procedures mandate holders
Human Rights Council
Universal Periodic Review
OHCHR's Information note
Report of the Special RapporteurArabic | Chinese | English | French | Russian | Spanish
The Post-2015 Water Thematic Consultation
World Health Organization
The Rights to Water and Sanitation
OHCHR is not responsible for the content of external websites