Tenth session of the Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
The dates for the Expert Mechanism's tenth session are 10 to 14 July 2017. The session will take place in Room XX of the Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland.
Items on the provisional agenda of the tenth session include:
- Panel discussion and interactive dialogue on indigenous human rights defenders.
- Study and advice on good practices and challenges, including discrimination, in business and in access to financial services by indigenous peoples, in particular indigenous women and indigenous persons with disabilities.
- Interactive dialogue with national human rights institutions and similar mechanisms.
- United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
- Follow-up on thematic studies and advice.
Documentation for the tenth session
Documentation for the tenth session will become available in June 2017.
Accreditation for the tenth session will open in March 2017.
Applications for side events will be received from March 2017.