Tenth session of the Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
The dates for the Expert Mechanism's tenth session are 10 to 14 July 2017. The session will take place in Room XX of the Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland.
Items on the provisional agenda of the tenth session include:
- Panel discussion and interactive dialogue on indigenous human rights defenders.
- Study and advice on good practices and challenges, including discrimination, in business and in access to financial services by indigenous peoples, in particular indigenous women and indigenous persons with disabilities.
- Interactive dialogue with national human rights institutions and similar mechanisms.
- United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
- Follow-up on thematic studies and advice.
Documentation for the tenth session
Documentation for the tenth session will become available in June 2017.
According to paragraph 9 of resolution 6/36 and paragraph 13 of resolution 33/25, the meetings of the Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples shall be open to the participation of observers through an open and transparent accreditation procedure in accordance with the rules of the Human Rights Council.
Registration is open to:
- Representatives of indigenous peoples’ organizations;
- Representatives of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC);
- Representatives of NGOs not in consultative status with ECOSOC;
- Academics and experts on indigenous peoples;
- National Human Rights Institutions
Accreditation for the 10th session will be carried out through
Indico, the new online registration platform of the United Nations Office at Geneva, which will allow for faster processing times at the Pregny Gate security desk.
Accreditation is now open. Please follow the instructions below:
Click here to access the EMRIP 10th session registration page
- Click on “Register now”
- Create your account on INDICO
- Log in to the system with your username (e-mail address) and password and fill in the registration form.
Please note that each individual participant will have to register themselves.
For questions regarding accreditation, please contact
More information in English
Más información en español
Informations additionnelles en français
During the session, from 10 to 14 July 2017, lunch-time events related to the mandate of the Expert Mechanism can be organized from 13:15 to 14:45. Due to the limited availability of rooms, only three lunch-time events can take place each day.
The Expert Mechanism is encouraging the organization of lunch-time events that contribute to its mandate and specifically to the agenda of the session.
To apply to hold a lunch-time event, please send an e-mail to
- the title of the event;
- the names of the organizer/s;
- the purpose of your proposed lunch-time event;
- its relationship to the ninth session;
- the language of the event;
- whether interpretation will be provided; and
- the preferred day for the lunch-time event.
Decisions by the secretariat on lunch-time events – including day and room – will be final. Relevant factors include the order in which the application was received and its relationship to the work of the ninth session of the Expert Mechanism.