Expert seminar on indigenous peoples' permanent sovereignty
Palais des Nations, Geneva, 25, 26 and 27 January 2006 in room XXIV.
Commission on Human Rights decision 2005/110 of 20 April 2005 recommends that the ECOSOC authorize the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights to convene an expert seminar, to which representatives of indigenous peoples and Governments, as well as the Special Rapporteur be invited, in order to further discuss the many political, legal, economic, social and cultural aspects relating to the study of the Special Rapporteur entitled “Indigenous peoples’ permanent sovereignty over natural resources” (E/CN.4/Sub.2/2004/30 and Add.1), as well as her other study entitled “Indigenous peoples and their relationship to land” (E/CN.4/Sub.2/2001/21).
In this context, OHCHR is organizing an expert seminar on indigenous peoples’ permanent sovereignty over natural resources and on their relationship to land to be held on 25, 26 and 27 January 2006 in room XXIV at Palais des Nations, Geneva.
Participants who have registered with OHCHR will be able to pick up their accreditation badge at "Villa les Feuillantines", near Palais des Nations (opening hours: from 8:00 to 17:00 non stop)"
- Report (E/CN.4/Sub.2/AC.4/2006/3)
- Draft agenda
- Experts documents:
- Mr. Fortunato Escobar (HR/GENEVA/IP/SEM/2006/BP.1)
- Mr. Robert T. Coulter (HR/GENEVA/IP/SEM/2006/BP.2)
- Mr. M. Hassan Idbalkassm (HR/GENEVA/IP/SEM/2006/BP.3)
- Mr. Andrew Erueti (HR/GENEVA/IP/SEM/2006/BP.4)
- Mr. Armand MacKenzie (HR/GENEVA/IP/SEM/2006/BP.5)
- Mr. Tom Calma (HR/GENEVA/IP/SEM/2006/BP.6)
- Ms. Andrea Carmen (HR/GENEVA/IP/SEM/2006/BP.7)