News and events
- OHCHR and UNDP are supporting the UN Millennium Campaign in organising two ‘Sub-regional Parliamentarian Forums on the MDGs and Post 2015 Development Agenda’. The two-day multi-stakeholder forums will take place in Manila, the Philippines on 20-21 November 2012 for the South-East, East and North-East Asia and the Pacific regions (more here...), and in Dhaka, Bangladesh on 10-11 December 2012 for the South, South-West, North and Central Asia regions (more here...).
- On 26-29 November 2012, UNDP is organizing a ‘Regional Governance Week: Social Accountability in a Changing Region - Actors and Mechanisms’, in Cairo, Egypt. The overarching aim of the Governance Week is to analyze the roles of various actors in promoting social accountability in the region. OHCHR will facilitate sessions on UPR and on Governance and Accountability in the Post-2015 agenda and participants will be encouraged to formulate regional recommendations to the High-level Panel on the post-2015 development agenda. (more here...)
- On 13-14 November 2012, OHCHR and UNDP organised an expert consultation on ‘Democratic governance and human rights: Criteria and measurement proposals for a post-2015 development agenda’ in New York. This expert consultation took place within the overall thematic global consultation on governance, led by OHCHR and UNDP, and will feed into the final South Africa global consultation meeting (Feb 2013), and the work of the High-level Panel on the post-2015 development agenda and other global thematic consultations. (more here…)
- On 7-10 November 2012, OHCHR participated in the ‘15th International Anti-Corruption Conference’ (IACC), which took place in Brasilia, Brazil. Within the framework of the IACC, OHCHR co-moderated with UNDP two workshops on human rights and corruption, and on governance in the post-2015 Development Agenda. (more here…)
- On 11-12 October 2012, UNDP and OHCHR, with support of the Government of Germany and in partnership with the Pan-African Parliament, organised the ‘African Regional Dialogue on Governance and the Post-2015 Framework’, which will feed into the final South Africa global consultation meeting (Feb 2013), and the work of the High-level Panel on the post-2015 development agenda. (more here…)
In this section