Accreditation and registration
The 2011 Social Forum is tentatively scheduled to take place from 3 to 5 October 2011 in room XVIII, Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland.
Pursuant to paragraph 11 of Human Rights Council resolution 10/29, the Social Forum is open to the participation of representatives of United Nations Member States and all other interested stakeholders such as intergovernmental organizations, different components of the United Nations system, especially mandate-holders of thematic procedures and mechanisms of the human rights machinery, regional economic commissions, specialized agencies and organizations - in particular the United Nations Development Programme, the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, the World Trade Organization, and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, as well as representatives designated by human rights national institutions and non-governmental organizations in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council, representatives of other non-governmental organizations, whose aims and purposes are in conformity with the spirit, purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations, in particular newly emerging actors such as small groups and rural and urban associations from the North and the South, anti-poverty groups, peasants’ and farmers’ organizations and their national and international associations, voluntary organizations, youth associations, community organizations, trade unions and associations of workers, as well as representatives of the private sector, regional banks, and other financial institutions and international development agencies, based on arrangements, including Economic and Social Council resolution 1996/31 of 25 July 1996, and practices observed by the Commission on Human Rights, through an open and transparent accreditation procedure, in accordance with the Rules of Procedure of the Human Rights Council, while ensuring the most effective contribution of these entities.
THE DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION IS 16 SEPTEMBER 2011.
All actors listed above wishing to accredit representatives to attend the 2011 Social Forum are invited to complete and return to the Secretariat of the Social Forum (preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to + 41 22 928 9010) the following documentation:
- The conference registration form;
- The letter requesting accreditation;
- A questionnaire (for NGOs not in consultative status with ECOSOC)
The letter requesting accreditation must comply with the following requirements:
- It should be submitted on the official letterhead of the organisation;
- It should clearly state the name of the organization that wishes to attend, e.g. “[Name of organisation or NGO], [if applicable please indicate after the name of the organization “, in consultative status with ECOSOC,”], wishes to send the following members to attend the 2010 Social Forum from 3 to 5 October 2011 ...”;
- It should indicate the name/s (first name and family name) of all the person/s who will represent the organisation at the Social Forum. Names of persons must appear exactly as they appear in identification documents; family name(s) must be capitalized. NGOs not in consultative status with ECOSOC are also kindly requested to indicate the date of birth and nationality of their representatives.
- NGOs in consultative status with ECOSOC, please ensure that your representative(s) in possession of a valid identity badge issued by the United Nations Office in Geneva(UNOG) Security and Safety Section, and who plan to attend the Social Forum, are also included in the accreditation request, with an indication that the person(s) holds an annual badge;
- The letter should be signed by the Head or the Main Representative of the organisation.
The accreditation requests will be processed in line with paragraph 11 of HRC resolution 10/29. Participants without a UNOG identity badge should proceed to the accreditation office at the “Pregny Gate” security entrance (8-14 avenue de la Paix – see map) with a copy of the accreditation request, passport or similar picture identity document and the conference registration form for each participant. The Accreditation Officer will then issue a photo-badge granting access to the Palais des Nations.
For further enquiries, please contact email@example.com