Call for inputs on upcoming country visit to Mongolia (9 - 20 April 2018)
The Special Rapporteur on human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation will undertake an official visit to Mongolia from 9 to 20 April 2018.
Civil society, human rights activists and other interested parties are encouraged to submit general inputs and specific proposals with regard to:
- issues of concern related to the human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation, including but not limited to:
- availability of water and sanitation (e.g., quantity of water available for each person);
- accessibility water and sanitation (e.g., facilities should be within safe physical reach, facilities should be accessible to everyone, access to services in rural area vs. urban area, piped water, sewerage network);
- quality water and sanitation (e.g., drinking water should be safe, free from micro-organism, chemical substance, and radiological hazards, how quality is monitored);
- affordability of water and sanitation (e.g., water tariffs, social tariffs for services, disconnections of services for inability to pay);
- information on water and sanitation (e.g., information regarding quality of water);
- judicial and non-judicial remedies available in case of violation of human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation; and
- institutional framework of the water and sanitation sector in the country, including the role of the national and subnational governments, regulatory actors and the service providers.
- potential areas to visit (towns or communities etc)
- relevant organisations and individuals to meet in the context of the Special Rapporteur's visit to Mongolia.
Please send your inputs by 9 February 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Visit to Mongolia” in the email submission.