Call for submission on child, early and forced marriage
Note verbale E | F | S
In accordance with Human Rights Council resolution A/HRC/RES/24/23 (2013), the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) is preparing a report on preventing and eliminating child, early and forced marriage, with a particular focus on challenges, achievements, best practices and implementation gaps, to be submitted to the Human Rights Council prior to its twenty-sixth session” (res. 24/23, para.2).
OHCHR would like to take this opportunity to invite United Nations agencies, funds and programmes, civil society groups and organisations, national human rights institutions (NHRIs), scholars, children and youth organizations and networks and other stakeholders to submit any relevant information for the preparation of this report. In particular, views and information would be welcome on:
- How States are implementing their obligations under international human rights conventions and international human rights treaties on child, early and forced marriage at the national level;
- Steps taken to prohibit child, early and forced marriage as well as examples of positive experience and challenges encountered at the national level in adopting polices, measures and implementing strategies to address this issue;
- Policies, projects and measures undertaken at national and sub-national levels, including by United Nations agencies, funds and programmes, civil society and other relevant stakeholders to promote the elimination of child, early and forced marriage specifically including action taken to address the issue in practicing communities, and to address or mitigate its impact, making specific reference to the outcomes of such policies, projects and measures;
- Surveys, assessments and studies carried out at national and sub-national level on the prevalence of child, early and forced marriage and/or its impact on the human rights of women and girls and other affected groups;
- Recommendations on or examples of good practices regarding possible appropriate measures and strategies to prevent and eliminate child, early and forced marriage.
Responses to the Note Verbale on Human Rights Council resolution 24/23 on "child, early and forced marriage":