The OHCHR Library provides services to:
- OHCHR staff members and consultants at Headquarters and in field duty stations;
- UN human rights mechanisms;
- OHCHR interns
- Members of the UN Member States’ delegates, NGOs, intergovernmental organizations, etc.
Members of the general public interested in human rights can access the library and consult the library resources on the premises. They do not have borrowing rights.
Please see Access and hours for more information.
The OHCHR Library provides the following services to its clients with the exception of members of general public:
- unlimited number of items for a period of one month
- items can be renewed as often as needed for an additional one-month period, unless they are requested by another client;
- OHCHR staff members located in Palais Wilson may request items via OHCHR Library catalogue
- Inter-library loans from Swiss libraries;
- Presentation of Library resources and services to OHCHR sections, branches on demand;
- Training on the use of commercial electronic databases;
- Training on the use of the UN documentation databases.