Today, poverty prevails as the gravest human rights
challenge in the world. Combating poverty, deprivation and
exclusion is not a matter of charity, and it does not depend
on how rich a country is.
By tackling poverty as a matter of human rights obligation,
the world will have a better chance of abolishing this
scourge in our lifetime...
Poverty eradication is an achievable goal.
United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
Electronic Press Kit
1. About Human Rights Day [A C E F R S]
2. Overview - Human Rights and Poverty [A C E F R S]
3. Fact sheet 1 - What is poverty? [A C E F R S]
4- Fact sheet 2 - Poverty, conflict and insecurity: A vicious cycle [A C E F R S]
5. Fact sheet 3 - Eliminating poverty: not by bread alone [A C E F R S]
6. Fact sheet 4 - Compassion or duty? [A C E F R S]
7. Biography Louise Arbour, United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights [E]
8. Expert List - Human Rights and Poverty [E]