Work and study opportunities
All current job vacancies at the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR, or UN Human Rights) can be viewed on the UN Careers website. This includes both temporary job openings and fixed terms positions. Please note that appointment against General Services "G-" post is on a local basis only.
- Applications will NOT be acknowledged.
- Only applicants possessing the required qualifications will be taken into consideration.
- Only the successful candidate will be notified of the outcome of the selection.
Beware of fraudulent offers of employment from allegedly OHCHR-affiliated offices or individuals, particularly if you did not apply to any position advertised on the UN Careers website. OHCHR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
The fellowship programmes of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) provides selected individuals an intensive learning opportunity about international human rights mechanisms and standards. At present OHCHR administers eight fellowship programmes, aimed at strengthening the capacity of particular groups or individuals in their work in the field of human rights. Discover the
OHCHR fellowship programmes
OHCHR offers many internships for graduate students. These internships are intended to:
- increase the intern's understanding of current human rights issues at the international level and give them an insight into the work of the United Nations and OHCHR in particular,
- provide OHCHR and the United Nations Human Rights mechanisms with the assistance and contribution of outstanding young students or graduates.
Learn about requirements for becoming an intern