The UN Human Rights Council at its 41 Session adopted
HRC resolution 41/2 on the situation of human rights in the Philippines. To assist in compiling information relevant to this mandate, the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) invites representatives of Member States, civil society, the UN system and members of the public to respond to this call for submissions with information and/or analysis of the human rights situation in the Philippines.
We invite you to contribute to this exercise through your submissions by 31 January 2020 through HRCreportPH@ohchr.org.
In this spirit, we would welcome factual and analytical submissions on the current human rights situation, keeping in mind the following criteria due to limited capacity:
- Ten-page limit (or about 5000 words);
- English (and French) language only;
- No individual case/investigation materials are necessary. Accurate, verified information, reports and analysis are needed. Contributions of a general nature are also welcome;
- Identities of interviewees will be protected, with a clear request not to name victims and individuals. All information received will be corroborated and verified to accurately reflect trends;
- Deadline 31 January 2020.