<< Back to country pledges
Celebrating 30 years of the Convention on the Rights of the Child
Pledge by Bulgaria
Ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child on 3 June 1991.
Ratified the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Participation of Children in the Armed Conflict on 12 February 2002.
Ratified the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the sale of children of child prostitution and child pornography on 12 February 2002.
- Finalizing the process of deinstitutionalization and completing the transition to community-based services for children. In connection with deinstitutionalization, we plan to close all children's institutions by 2025.
- Formal meeting of the National Council of the Child on November 19, 2019 in the granite hall of the Council of Ministers.
- Celebration of the Good, November 21, 2019. At a ceremony, accompanied by a cultural and entertaining program, we will bring together all the ambassadors of the good - children, parents, representatives of institutions and organizations, who will present stories of people who helped a child and / or his family at a difficult time, trouble, a serious incident, and have changed their lives. The most exciting of all collected stories from all over the country will be promoted and awarded on this day.
- Installation of a Capsule of Good on November 22, 2019, which will contain messages from children from the Council of Children and Protection Bodies in our country to the future generation, as well as related to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Bulgaria and Pakistan co-facilitated the modalities resolution for the commemoration of the 30th Anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, resulting in an inclusive and transparent process of consultation. Bulgaria will take part in the high-level commemorative event (25 September, New York), and will also co-organise a side-event on the same day on the topic of “Ending the Institutionalization of Children to Ensure No One Is Left Behind”.
- As co-chair of the Group of Friends of Children and SDGs, Bulgaria endorsed the Global pledge “For every child, every right”, which provides an opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to children’s rights and to pursue the SDGs in line with the principles enshrined in the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Read more [PDF]