<< Back to country pledges
Celebrating 30 years of the Convention on the Rights of the Child
Pledge by United Arab Emirates
Acceded to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on 3 January 1997
Acceded to the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the sale of children, child prostitution and child pornography on 2 March 2016
- Offer a programme for training specialists on child protection.
- Create a Digital Government KIDX Platform to acquaint children and their parents with all the services provided to the child and the different governmental, civil and private sector providers of such services.
- Adopt a national policy for the protection of children in educational institutions to ensure the investigation of any violations of children’s rights.
- Reduce the percentage of possible cases of violence against children in the UAE by protecting the child from all manifestations of neglect, exploitation, and abuse, and any physical and psychological violence.
- Place more children from unknown parentage in foster families.
See more [PDF]