<< Back to country pledges
Celebrating 30 years of the Convention on the Rights of the Child
Pledge by Uzbekistan
Acceded to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on 29 June 1994
Acceded to the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the involvement of children in armed conflict on 23 December 2008
Acceded to the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the sale of children child prostitution and child pornography on 23 December 2008
- To adopt Social Protection of Orphans and Children Left Without Parental Care Act.
- To adopt an act providing additional guarantees for the protection of children who are participants in criminal proceedings during pre-trial and trial proceedings.
- To establish the position of the Commissioner for the Rights of the Child.
- To introduce an order for allocating an additional admission quota of up to one percent of the total number of applicants entering higher education institutions on the basis of a state grant for graduates of orphanages and orphanages that are orphans.
- To introduce an order in which, when applying to the courts for the protection of children, plaintiffs are exempt from paying state fees and other payments.
- To adopt a National Program of Action for the Protection of the Rights of Children and the creation of favorable conditions for them.
Commemorative events at the occasion of the 30th anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child
In November 2019:
- In all secondary schools, lyceums, colleges, higher educational institutions of the country a National lesson was carried out with the aim of familiarizing students with the provisions of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, raising awareness of the fundamental rights of the child, as well as measures taken in this area.
See more [PDF]