2019 sessions of the Working Group on the issue of human rights and transnational corporations and other business enterprises
24th session: Geneva, 4-11 October 2019
Member States: Wednesday, 9 October from 15:00 to 17:00 (private meeting)
- General update by Working Group on its recent and ongoing activities, including the preparations for the 2019 Forum on Business and Human Rights (25 to 27 November), future reports to the Human Rights Council and the General Assembly.
- Initial exchange of views on "the business and human rights dimensions of corruption", thematic report to the Human Rights Council's 44th session in June 2020.
Global Consultation with the NHRIs and other stakeholders: 10-11 October 2019 (public meeting), translation in six languages (ACEFRS)
– In line with the Human Rights Council's request (A/HRC/RES/38/13), the Working Group is organizing a two-day global consultation on the role of national human rights institutions in facilitating access to remedy for business-related human rights abuses. The consultation is open to the participation of all interested stakeholders.
23rd session: Geneva, 13-17 May 2019
Open multi-stakeholders consultation;
Thursday, 16 May, 15:00-17:00, translation in French and Spanish. (Save-the-date note)
– Focus on policy coherence in government action to protect against business-related human rights abuse (theme of Working Group’s 2019 report to the General Assembly).
Businesses/business associations, Friday, 17 May, 15:00-16 :00 - private – Focus on policy coherence in government action to protect against business-related human rights abuse(theme of Working Group’s 2019 report to the General Assembly).
22nd session: Geneva, 4 – 8 February 2019
Consultations scheduled with:
Businesses/business associations: Tuesday 5 February (17:00-18:00).
Member States: Wednesday, 6 February (15:00-18:00)
- General update by Working Group activities for 2019 (15:00-15:30) - Consultation on the Working Group’s project on a “gender lens” to the Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (15:30-16:30).
- Consultation on the Working Group’s project on the Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights in conflict and post-conflict contexts (16:45-18:00).
Civil society organisations: Thursday, 7 February (15:00-16:00)
- Update on Working Group’s activities for 2019.
Interested stakeholders can register to participate via https://reg.unog.ch/event/19385/ by
Monday 30 January 2019. To participate remotely: via listen-in number (dial +41 22 917 0901 and follow the voice prompt, indicating the room number).
reports from the Working Group's sessions