Report on connecting the business and human rights and the anticorruption agendas
Working Group on the issue of human rights and transnational corporations and other business enterprises
To the HRC at its 44th session, June-July 2020
In its report, the Working Group examines how the business and human rights agenda, articulated in the Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, and anti-corruption efforts, are interconnected. It examines the good practices that States, businesses and civil society can undertake to address corruption when it has negative impacts on human rights in the context of business-related activity, with a view to preventing such negative impacts and to ensuring access to remedy. It also demonstrates how measures driving responsible business practices in relation to business and human rights and anti-corruption efforts, can reinforce each other to ensure coherent policy.
Learn more about the issue of business, human rights and the anticorruption agendas.
Inputs to a questionnaire, listed below, helped inform this report.
Download the questionnaire (PDF) in English | Français | Español.
Business and Business Associations
Civil society and academia
- Prof Justine Nolan and Hannah Harris, Faculty of Law UNSW, Sydney, Australia
- Prof Martijn Scheltema, Partner, Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn N.V.
- Universal Rights Group
- GLOBAL CSR
- Sikh Human Rights Group
- “Associazione Made in Trieste”, together with the Trieste United INGO INC, and with the technical and juridical collaboration of the Popular Assembly Project
- Sarah Federman, PhD, Assistant Professor, University of Baltimore
Raoul Wallenberg Institute (1-2)
Alliance for Integrity
- Human Rights Watch
- Global Witness on behalf of: Global Witness (UK); HEDA Resource Centre (Nigeria); Re: Common (Italy); and The Corner House (UK).
Alison Taylor, Executive Director, Ethical Systems, NYU Stern School of Business (1, 2, 3)
International Justice Mission
- Coalition for Peace & Ethics
Joanna Drewert (1-2)
Rosa Ana Alija Fernández, Dr. eur. Facultat de Dret, Universitat de Barcelona
- Justice for Iran
- Dr. Juanita Olaya
- Lady Lawyer Foundation
- Maat for Peace, Development and Human Rights
- The Sentry1-2-3-4-5
- Transparency International
Nicolas Bueno (1-2)
International and regional organisations
- UN Global Compact (1-2-3)
- UNDP (1-2)