- 24 October 2018,
Seminar on P.C. Chang and the drafting of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, New York, Colombia University
- 12- 13 September 2018 –
Keynote address of the Special Rapporteur at the Climate Heritage Mobilization, on “A Human Rights Approach to the Intersection of Climate Change and Cultural Heritage”, San Francisco, USA.
- 24 May 2018 –24 May 2018 – Conference of the Special Rapporteur on “Les droits culturels: principaux enjeux actuels dans l’ensemble des droits humains” (in French), Freiburg, Switzerland.
- 23 May 2018 - Participation of the Special Rapporteur in a symposium on “Freedom of Religion or Belief, Cultural Rights and Women: promoting a Gendered Perspective on Freedom of Thought, Conscience and Religion”, together with the Special Rapporteur on freedom of religions or belief, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 22 May 2018 - Statement by the Special Rapporteur in the first panel of the UNESCO event “Towards Access to Culture for All” (in English and French), celebrating the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development, Paris, France.
- 9-11 May 2018 –
Keynote address from the Special Rapporteur in the field of cultural rights at the first Americas Culture Summit, organised by the Ministry of Culture of Argentina and the International Federation of Arts Councils and Culture Agencies (IFACCA) hosted by the Canada Council for the Arts in Ottawa, Canada.
- 8 March 2018 -
Keynote address by the Special Rapporteur in the field of cultural rights in the Symposium “Women in Culture and Science”, organised by the UNESCO Chair on Building Common Ground: Cultural Rights of the University of Copenhagen and the UNESCO division for gender equality, Paris, France.
- 22 March 2018 –
Written contribution by the Special Rapporteur to the conference “Countering Violent Extremism: European Context and the Bangladeshi Diaspora”, organised by European Bangladesh Forum as a side-event to the 37th session of the Human Rights Council, Geneva.
- 1 December 2017 - "What are cultural rights?" An interview with the Special Rapporteur in the field of cultural rights, in the series of UNESCO podcasts “Talking about culture”, Paris
- 7 July 2017 -
Keynote address from the Special Rapporteur Karima Bennoune opening the one-day intersessional seminar organised by the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights on "Cultural Rights and the Protection of Cultural Heritage", Geneva, Switzerland. * for more information on the event, consult the dedicated page
- 13 May 2017 - Video address from the Special Rapporteur Karima Bennoune opening the Europa Nostra European Heritage Congress entitled "Sharing Heritage - Citizens Participation in Decision Making", Turku, Finnland.
text of the address and
programme of the event
- 10 May 2017 -
Keynote address by the Special Rapporteur Karima Bennoune opening the work of the 2nd UCLG Culture Summit on "Commitments and Actions for Culture in Sustainable Cities", Jeju, Republic of Korea.
programme of the event
- 27 April 2017 -
Expert contribution of the Special Rapporteur in the field of cultural rights to the International Criminal Court case "The Prosecutor v. Ahmad Al Faqi Al Mahdi".
16 December 2015, participation of Mrs Karima Bennoune in the launch of UNESCOs first global report on tracking the implementation of the 2005 Convention on the Diversity of Cultural Expressions
- 13-14 November 2015,
interview by Mrs. Farida Shaheed on the lessons of 6 years as mandate holder, international conference "Negotiating Cultural Rights", Copenhagen.
- 22 May 2015,
keynote speech by Ms. Farida Shaheed, International conference on the Human Right to Science: New Directions for Human Rights in Science, Bern, Switzerland
- 6 May 2015,
Video conference by Ms. Farida Shaheed, Committee on Legal Affairs of the European Parliament, Brussels, Belgium
- 18 March 2015,
Keynote Address by Ms.Farida Shaheed, UCLG Culture Summit, Culture and Sustainable cities, Bilbao, Spain -
Farida Shaheed, Reflections on culture, sustainable development and cultural rights
In this section
Issues in focus