“We, heads of State and Government, … are committed to making the right to development a reality for everyone and to freeing the entire human race from want.”
UN Millennium Declaration
Development is a Human Right
Accreditation information for Non-Governmental Organizations
Only NGOs with ECOSOC consultative status may participate in the public meetings of the IGWG RTD.
All accreditation requests must be made online through UNOG’s Indico system.
Please create an Indico account or log in to an existing one, and then proceed to the registration form for the IGWG RTD.
In addition to filling in the required information on the registration form, NGOs are kindly asked to attach a scanned letter, made out to the IGWG RTD Secretariat, fulfilling the following criteria:
- Drafted on the official letterhead of the organization
- Contains the title and dates of the session the NGO wishes to attend: E.g., "[Name of NGO], in consultative status with ECOSOC, wishes to send the following members to attend the XXth Session of the IGWG RTD [DATE]..."
- Contains the full name (FAMILY NAME, First name) of each person who will represent the organization at the session
- Signed by the person designated as the President/Chief Executive Officer, Chief Administrative Officer, or Main Representative in the UN Integrated Civil Society Organizations System for Geneva
Please double check that the person signing the letter has the appropriate status in the UN iCSO System.
This letter should be uploaded in the section entitled "Mandatory documents".
If you have any questions regarding the Indico registration system, please consult the Indico guide for conference participants, consult the Indico FAQ, or send specific questions to the IGWG RTD Secretariat at email@example.com
Gaining Access to UNOG
Individuals with annual security badges valid for the duration of the WG session will be able to access UNOG premises.
Those who have been accredited but do not have a badge must collect their security badge for the session at the Pregny Gate of the Palais des Nations, located at 8-14 Avenue de la Paix, 1211 Geneva. The office is open on working days from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. To collect the badge, you must present:
- An official identity document: E.g., a passport; and,
- A copy of the confirmation email/e-ticket from the Indico system