Call for submissions
Mr. Saad Alfarargi was elected as Special Rapporteur on the right to development during the 34th session of the Human Rights Council. He presented his first vision setting report to the Human Rights Council on 14 September 2017 (A/HRC/36/49).
In his report the Special Rapporteur stated that he seeks to collect existing good practices on the implementation of the right to development in the context of the 2015 internationally agreed policy documents: the Addis Ababa Action Agenda of the Third International Conference on Financing for Development; the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030; “Transforming our world: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”, which included the Sustainable Development Goals; and the Paris Agreement.
As an initial step, the Special Rapporteur wishes to gather information regarding measures taken by states since the adoption of the 2015 policy framework to ensure reducing inequalities within countries. In order to inform his work on the topic, the Special Rapporteur wishes to secure from different stakeholders, including States, National Human Rights Institutions, Non-governmental organizations, as well as members of academia, input and views on the following topics:
- Policies and/or legislation, introduced since 2015, aiming at:
- progressively achieving greater equality in particular through fiscal, wage and social protection laws and policies;
- progressively achieving and sustaining income growth of the bottom 40 per cent of the population at a rate higher than the national average;
- ensuring equal opportunity and reducing inequalities of outcome, including eliminating discriminatory laws, policies and practices and promoting appropriate legislation, policies and action in this regard;
- empowering and promoting the social, economic and political inclusion of all, irrespective of age, sex, disability, race, ethnicity, origin, religion or economic or other status;
Interested interlocutors are also requested to provide information regarding the measures taken to ensure that relevant stakeholders from all segments of the society have been given the opportunity to participate in the processed leading to the elaboration of the above laws and/or policies. N.B. You are kindly requested to provide your submissions in English, French, Spanish or Russian. All submissions should be sent by 28 February 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.