Comments on legislation and policy
The UN Special Rapporteur on the right to education shares all comments on national laws, regulations and policies provided by the mandate to States and to private companies. The mandate regularly provides comments on the adequacy of normative and policy developments with international standards for the right to education.
The following is a list of letters and responses received since 1 January 2019, ordered by countries and other actors such as intergovernmental organizations or companies, in alphabetical order. For letters sent before 1 January 2019, please consult the communication search.
- 11 November 2019 - “Caritas City”/“Children’s City” project, ARM 4/2019
- Government reply: 7 February 2020
- 1 November 2019 - Effect and application of the Counter-Terrorism Law of the People’s Republic of China (Counter-Terrorism Law) promulgated on 27 December 2015 effective as of 1 January 2016 and its Regional Implementing Measures, the 2016 Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region Implementing Measures of the Counter-Terrorism Law of the People's Republic of China. CHN 18/2019
- Government reply: 16 December 2019
- 19 October 2020 – Public University Bill 2020 – GHA 1/2020
- 24 September 2019 - Cabinet of Ministers of the regulation on pre-school education No. 716, which appears to impose restrictions on the use of minority languages in pre-school educational institutions. – LTA 1/2019
- Government reply: 27 November 2019
- 11 September 2020 - Proposed bills that reportedly (i) prohibit sexuality education unless there is parental written consent, and (ii) impose a blanket ban on a discussion regarding “gender theory or opinion” in Romanian educational establishments – ROU 3/2020
Global Partnership for education
- 07 June 2019 - Draft GPE Private Sector Engagement Strategy – OTH 34/2019