Russian | Spanish
Twelfth session of the Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
The dates for
the Expert Mechanism's twelfth session are 15 to 19 July 2019. The session will take place in Room XX of the Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland.
Items on the provisional agenda of the twelfth session will include:
- Study and advice on Indigenous peoples’ rights in the context of borders, migration and displacement.
- EMRIP country engagement
- Panel discussion on indigenous women in power.
- United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, including report on Recognition, reparations and reconciliation.
- Inter-sessional activities and follow-up on thematic studies and advice.
- Future work of the Expert Mechanism
According to paragraph 9 of resolution 6/36 and paragraph 13 of resolution 33/25, the meetings of the Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples shall be open to the participation of observers through an open and transparent accreditation procedure in accordance with the rules of the Human Rights Council.
Accreditation is open to:
- Representatives of indigenous peoples’ organizations;
- Representatives of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC);
- Representatives of NGOs not in consultative status with ECOSOC;
- Academics and experts on indigenous peoples;
- National Human Rights Institutions
Accreditation for the 12th session will be carried out
throughIndico, the online registration platform of the United Nations Office at Geneva. Accreditation is now open. Please follow the instructions below:
- Access the
EMRIP 12th session registration page
- Click on "Register now"
- Create an INDICO account if you have not previously used the system
- Log in to the system with your username (e-mail address) and password and fill in the registration form.
- Please upload a photo that complies with these
Please note that each individual participant will have to register themselves.
For questions regarding accreditation, please contact
More information in
SCHEDULE OF SIDE EVENTS