Comments on legislation and policy
In this page, the UN Special Rapporteur shares all comments provided by the mandate to States on national laws, regulations and policies. The mandate regularly provides comments on the adequacy of normative and policy developments with international standards relating to the independence of the judiciary and the legal profession.
See below a list of letters concerning national legislation and standards sent by the UN special rapporteur and the responses from Government (if any) to these communications.
- 17 Julio 2019 – Proceso de selección y designación de las Altas Magistraturas Judiciales de Costa Rica – OL CRI 3/2019
- 17 May 2019 – Amendments to the Law on the Legal Status of Judges and the Law on Public Prosecutor’s Office –
OL MNG 1/2019
- 28 January 2019 – Draft Law on the Bar and practice of law –
OL UKR 1/2019
- 22 October 2018 – Law decrees adopted during the state of emergency undermining access to justice and the independence of the legal profession –
OL TUR 15/2018
- 12 January 2018 – Amendments to the Act on Bar of 27 January 2000 and other laws undermining access to justice and the independence of the legal profession –
OL AZE 1/2018