The 2021 Social Forum will take place from
11 to 12 October 2021 in Room XVII, Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland, and online. Viewers may also follow the event remotely on
UN Web TV; it will be webcast live in all UN official languages.
The deadline for registration is 12 October 2021.
All organizations accrediting representatives or individuals wishing to attend the 2021 Social Forum are invited to
register online through the Indico platform. Please allow two working days for your request to be processed.
Who can take part
Pursuant to Human Rights Council resolution
44/22, the Social Forum is open to the participation of representatives of Member States of the United Nations and all other interested stakeholders including:
- newly emerging actors, such as small groups and rural and urban associations from the North and the South;
- anti-poverty groups;
- peasants' and farmers' organizations and their national and international associations;
- voluntary organizations;
- environmental organizations and activists;
- youth associations;
- community organizations;
- trade unions and associations of workers;
- representatives of the private sector;
- intergovernmental organizations;
- different components of the United Nations system;
- regional economic commissions and specialized agencies and organizations;
- representatives designated by national human rights institutions and non-governmental organizations in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council and other non-governmental organizations;
- whose aims and purposes are in conformity with the spirit, purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations.
Attending the Forum
Online participants will receive the link to the session through the email used during their registration.
Participants attending the event in the Palais des Nations, including those with a UNOG identification badge, will, upon presentation of identification and copy of the confirmation email/e-ticket, get a photo-badge valid for the session issued at the "Pregny Gate" security entrance:
Palais des Nations – Security entrance
Pregny gate, 8-14 Avenue de la Paix
1211 Geneva 10
(Open Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm)
Palais des Nations access information.
Note: Due to physical distancing measures in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the number of participants in Room XVII will be limited. The Secretariat may limit the number of accredited participants per delegation with access to the plenary room.
Guidance for arranging a side event during the Social Forum
The proposal should include a concept note with the objectives/expected outcomes of the event, the profile of the speakers and a short description of the issues to be covered. Proposals will be chosen according to the following criteria:
- Participation of affected populations
- Gender balance in the panel
- Geographic balance among different proposals
Please send your proposal to email@example.com.
Deadline: 27 September 2021