Security and surveillance, health data, and business enterprises use of personal data: report
The Special Rapporteur on the right to Privacy
To the Human Rights Council at its 43rd session
In this report, prepared pursuant to Human Rights Council resolution 28/16, the Special Rapporteur on the right to privacy highlights activities undertaken in 2019 concerning, inter alia, security and surveillance, health data and the use of personal data by business enterprises.
The thematic focus of the report is reflected in recommendations for protecting against gender-based privacy infringements.
The report covers the following topics:
- Overview of activities
- Communications to Member States
- Task force on corporations
- Task force on privacy and health-related data
- Task force on privacy and personality
- Children and privacy
- Visits and events
- Security and surveillance
- Gender equality and the right to privacy
- Recommendations for protecting against gender-based infringements of privacy