Group of Independent Eminent Experts on the Implementation of the Durban Declaration and Programme of Action
Hanna Suchocka Doctor habil. of Law, professor at Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, chair of the Constitutional Law. Since 2002, she has been a member of the group of five independent eminent experts on the implementation of the Durban Declaration and Programme of Action of the 2001 World Conference against Racism.
- Member of Parliament in 1980-1985 in opposition.
- In 1989, was elected as a Solidarity candidate to parliament and then again as member of Democratic Union, till 2001.
- From 1992 to 1993 she was Prime Minister of the Republic of Poland.
- From 1997 to 2000, she served as the Minister of Justice and Attorney General.
- From 2001 till 2013, she was ambassador of the Republic of Poland to the Holy See.
- She was also Member of the Parliamentary Delegation of the Republic of Poland to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, vice-chairperson of the Assembly between January and October 1992 and for many years since 1991 – 2016 member of the Venice Commission
- In 2015 she became First Vice-President of the Venice Commission,
- In June 2016, she was made Honorary President of the Venice Commission.