Annual reports on reprisals for cooperation with the UN
Human Rights Council
resolution 12/2 invites the Secretary-General to submit, annually, a report to the Council with a compilation and analysis of any available information, from all appropriate sources, on alleged reprisals for cooperation with the UN in the field of human rights, as well as recommendations. The report (“Cooperation with the United Nations, its representatives and mechanisms in the field of human rights”) also includes activities, policy developments and good practices within the UN system under the leadership of the Assistant Secretary-General for Human Rights.
The report includes allegations related to cooperation with, for example, the:
- Human Rights Council and its subsidiary bodies and mechanisms, including the Universal Periodic Review, Special Procedures, and investigative bodies
- Treaty bodies
- Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, its field presences and human rights advisers
- United Nations Country Teams and funds, agencies and programmes in the field
- Human rights components of peace operations
- Other parts of the Secretariat or specialized agencies working in the field of human rights (e.g. development, counter-terrorism, environment)
Information on, and analysis of, trends and patterns is also included in the report.