Call for inputs on upcoming country visit to Sri Lanka - postponed by the Independent Expert
The Independent Expert on protection against violence and discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity is collecting information in preparation of his visit to Sri Lanka scheduled to take place from 27 May to 7 June 2019.
In accordance with the established practice of mandate-holders, the Independent Expert welcomes all relevant submissions that LGBT organizations and other stakeholders may wish to transmit for his consideration in preparation of his visit, such as:
- Recent analytical reports or surveys on LGBT people in Sri Lanka;
- Information on the policy, programmes and legal framework with respect to protection against violence and discrimination based on SOGI;
- Priority issues/concerns and situations that warrant the attention of the Independent Expert;
- Suggestions on issues to examine and related places to visit;
- Suggestions on Government officials and civil society actors to meet in different regions in relation to suggested places to visit.
Kindly submit information by
19 April to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate "2019 Visit to Sri Lanka" in the subject heading of the email submission.
Please read the
background note for more information on the visit to Sri Lanka.