Call for inputs on upcoming country visit to Ukraine 30 April to 10 May 2019
The Independent Expert on protection against violence and discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity is collecting information in preparation of his visit to Ukraine scheduled to take place from 30 April to 10 May 2019.
In accordance with the established practice of mandate-holders, the Independent Expert welcomes all relevant submissions that LGBT organizations and other stakeholders may wish to transmit for his consideration in preparation of his visit, such as:
- Recent analytical reports or surveys on LGBT people in Ukraine;
- Information on the policy, programmes and legal framework with respect to protection against violence and discrimination based on SOGI;
- Priority issues/concerns and situations that warrant the attention of the Independent Expert;
- Suggestions on issues to examine and related places to visit;
- Suggestions on Government officials and civil society actors to meet in different regions in relation to suggested places to visit.
Kindly submit information by 8 April to email@example.com. Please indicate "2019 Visit to Ukraine" in the subject heading of the email submission.
Please read the background note for more information on the visit to Ukraine.