Country visit to Qatar, January 2020 - Call for input
The United Nations Special Rapporteur on contemporary forms of slavery, Ms. Urmila Bhoola, will undertake an official country visit to Qatar from 13-20 January 2020, to examine in situ questions related to contemporary forms of slavery such as traditional slavery, forced labour, debt bondage, serfdom, children working in slavery or slavery-like conditions, domestic servitude, sexual slavery, and servile forms of marriage in the country.
In this context, the Special Rapporteur is calling for input for this country visit in relation to her mandate, amongst others:
- Information on manifestations of contemporary forms of slavery in Qatar, including as related to the private sector;
- Identification of government entities/civil society organizations/human rights defenders/trade unions/private businesses and other stakeholders to meet with;
- Key issues and challenges faced in the implementation of the international and regional legal framework related to contemporary forms of slavery;
- Good practices aimed at preventing and addressing contemporary forms of slavery, including within the context of the 2030 agenda/SDG target 8.7, data collection initiatives, legislative measures, identification of victims/survivors and their access to assistance and to justice, amongst others;
- Any information related to the State’s fulfilment of its international obligations under international human rights law and under the ILO Conventions;
- Any other pertinent information that you consider to be relevant for the visit of the Special Rapporteur.
Please submit any relevant written material to the attention of the Special Rapporteur on contemporary forms of slavery at email@example.com. The deadline for sending submissions is 15 October 2019. Your contribution will be kept confidential.