The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) is preparing this report in accordance with Human Rights Council resolution 50/9 entitled “Human Rights and Climate Change”. In the above-mentioned resolution (para. 17), the Council requested the Secretary-General to consult Member States and other relevant stakeholders in order to prepare and submit to its fifty-third session a report on the adverse impact of climate change on the full realization of the right to food.
Key questions and types of input/comments sought
- Please describe through concrete examples and stories how climate change is affecting the full realization of the right to adequate food in your country.
- Please share a summary of any relevant data that captures how climate change adversely affects the full realization of the right to food, taking into account discrimination, including multiple and intersecting forms of discrimination.
- Please describe any specific measure, including public policies, legislation, practices or strategies that your Government has undertaken, in compliance with applicable international human rights law, to promote an approach to climate change mitigation and adaptation, as well as loss and damage, that ensures the full and effective enjoyment of the right to food. Please also note and identify any relevant mechanisms for ensuring accountability for these commitments including their means of implementation.
- Please describe any mechanisms and tools that are in place to measure and monitor the impacts of climate change on the full realization of the right to food.
- Please identify and share examples of promising practices and challenges in the promotion, protection, and fulfilment of the full realization of the right to food in the context of the adverse effects of climate change.
- Please include examples and promising practices and challenges that highlight international and multilateral cooperation and approaches that promote the full realization of the right to food.
- Please provide any additional information you believe would be useful to support climate action that promotes the full realization of the right to food.
Download the questionnaire (PDF): English | Français
How inputs will be used
Inputs will serve to inform the Secretary-General’s report on the adverse impact of climate change on the full realization of the right to food. The inputs received will be posted on our website.