OHCHR invites States and other relevant actors, including the United Nations Population Fund, the United Nations Development Programme, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN-Women) and the World Health Organization, to submit input to inform the follow-up report on good practices and challenges in the application of a human rights-based approach to the elimination of preventable maternal mortality and morbidity.
- What steps has your Government or organization taken to utilize a human rights-based approach in policies and programmes to eliminate preventable maternal mortality and morbidity? How has the technical guidance assisted your Government or organization in designing, implementing, revising and/or evaluating such policies and programmes?
- Has the technical guidance assisted your Government or organization in building enhanced understanding of the requirements of a human rights-based approach? If so, please expand upon the impact that such enhanced understanding has for the design and implementation of policies and programmes in this area.
- What challenges does your Government or organization face in implementing a human rights-based approach in policies and programmes to eliminate preventable maternal mortality and morbidity? Please elaborate on the nature of these challenges and steps taken to address them.
- Does your Government or organization regularly collect and analyse disaggregated data and information on maternal mortalities and morbidities, including in the context of COVID-19 pandemic? Please elaborate on good practices and challenges in this regard.
- Please elaborate on the main causes that may have led to poor maternal health outcomes in the context of COVID-19 pandemic in your country and/or context? Please also describe the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic response on the availability and accessibility and quality sexual and reproductive health, including maternal health services for women and girls.
- Please provide information on whether there is a particular group of women in your country and/or context who have been disproportionately affected by the pandemic and response measures when accessing sexual and reproductive health, including maternal health services. (For instance, adolescents, women living with HIV, indigenous women, racial and ethnic minority women, women from rural areas, persons with diverse sexual orientations, gender identities etc.)
- What measures have your Government or organization undertaken in order to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on maternal health? Please elaborate on any lessons learned, good practices as well as challenges faced.
The questionnaire is available in English | Français | Español.