Thirteenth Conference of States parties and 2020 elections
01 - 03 December 2020
United Nations Headquarters in New York
The 13th session of the Conference of States parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities was held on 30 November, 1 and 3 December 2020 at the United Nations Headquarters in New York. The election to fill the nine positions of the Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, which would become vacant on 31 December 2020 was held on 30 November 2020.
Gender balance and geographical representation
In its composition at the time of the 2020 elections, six experts of the Committee were women, and 12 were men; with their regional distribution as follows: two experts from Latin America and the Caribbean, five from Africa, five from Asia-Pacific, three from Eastern Europe, and three from Western Europe and other States Group.
Of the nine experts whose mandates were set to expire on 31 December 2020 three came from the African regional group, three from Asia-Pacific, two from Eastern Europe and one from Western Europe and other States Group.
The individuals who were elected to fill the positions on the Committee were:
|Ms. Rosa Idalia ALDANA SALGUERO
|Ms. Odelia FITOUSSI
|Mr. Floyd MORRIS
|Mr. Samuel KABUE
|Ms. Gerel DONDOVDORJ
|Ms. Soumia AMRANI
|Mr. Robert George MARTIN
|Ms. Vivian FERNÁNDEZ DE TORRIJO
|Ms. Saowalak THONGKUAY
- Note verbale on extension of the nomination: English | Français | Español
- Note verbale on elections: English | Français | Español
- Members whose term expires on 31 December 2020: English | Français | Español
- Biographical Data Form: English | Français | Español
- Provisional Rules of Procedure: English
- Handbook for Treaty Body Members
- List of candidates - CRPD/CSP/2020/CRP.1
- Withdrawal of candidate - CRPD/CSP/2020/CRP.1/Add.1
- Candidates’ CVs (A/RES/63/167)
- Report of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights on the equitable geographical distribution in the membership of the human rights treaty bodies (A/64/212)
List of candidates for the 2020 elections
Please click on the name of each candidate to open their bio in Word.
VIEW THIS PAGE IN: