16th session of the Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
17 - 21 July 2023
XVII, Palais des Nations
The sixteenth session of the Expert Mechanism will take place from 17 to 21 July 2023 in- person only.
REGISTRATION in INDICO CLOSES ON 7 JULY.
In person session only.
Interpretation will be provided in the six UN languages for each meeting.
Captioning and international sign language will be available at all public meetings.
List of speakers:
Time slots to sign up for the speakers’ list will be posted at the entrance of room XVII and next to the registration desk (close to the podium on the right) Speaking time will be 2 minutes. Once you register for the speakers’ list, you are requested to send your statement to [email protected] and [email protected].
First two Items, Item 3 and Item 7 will open on Monday at 10h40, after the opening.
- Concept Note - Item 5 - Interactive dialogue with members of the Expert Mechanism on the Right to Development
- Concept Note - Item 7 - International Decade on Indigenous Languages
- Concept Note - Item 8 - Panel Discussion on fishing practices
- Concept Note - Item 8 - Panel on LGBTQIA+ Indigenous Peoples
- Concept Note - Item 11 -Enhancing the participation of Indigenous Peoples
- Study on the impact of militarisation on the rights of Indigenous Peoples
- Efforts to implement the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples: establishing effective monitoring mechanisms at the national and regional levels for the implementation of the Declaration
Interpretation services in English, Spanish, French and Russian will be made available by Docip to cover the official side events of the session. All requests for interpretation must be made by completing this form provided in this link https://forms.gle/7CQsKKht9tSUJMFT9. Capacity is limited, and we encourage you to make your request(s) as soon as possible.